ProctorU Connection Requirements
|MINIMUM REQUIREMENT||RECOMMENDED REQUIREMENT|
|DOWNLOAD SPEED||0.768 Mbps|
|UPLOAD SPEED||0.384 Mbps||1 Mbps|
Types of Approved Connections
- Wireless (WiFi)
- Attempt to connect via a wired connection, if available.
- Determine the quality of connection (ie: Dial-up, DSL, Cable, Fiber). Dial-up connections are not sufficient for online proctoring.
Note: The following steps will temporarily disrupt your connection and access to the internet
- Restart internet equipment
- Power down PC
- Unplug your power from the back of your modem
- Wait 1-2 minutes for all the lights to settle down and for the device to finish powering on.
- Wait 10-30 seconds, then power on the modem.
- Repeat process with your wireless router
- Finally, power on the computer and a connection should be present.
- Retest your internet speeds
If at any point you require assistance, please connect to a live technician CLICK HERE.