Troubleshooting Steps for Undetected Microphones
- Refresh browser -
- Check Flash settings and navigate to Mic section.
- Ensure the browser allows test it out page to access to Mic. This can be managed via pop-up blocker as well icon on the site.
- If multiple input sources, try different input source.
- If the mic is still not being detected, try another browser.
Tech Savvy Readers Only
- Open Sound-Recording Device properties
- Check for microphone sources
- Check that the mic is not disabled or muted.
- If no microphone source is listed, open Device Manager.
- If device available, reboot system.
- After rebooting, find the model of computer/motherboard/laptop, navigate to the manufacturer's website and download updated audio drives.
- If after installing/rebooting once more no Mic detected, we advise you try to access to an external USB microphone or use a different computer with a built-in microphone.
If these troubleshooting steps do not solve your problem, or you feel assistance is needed, please connect to a live technician CLICK HERE.