This article will walk you through some troubleshooting steps if you encounter an issue with getting started using the Firefox extension.
We recommend removing the disabled ProctorU extension, clearing the cache from Firefox, then re-install the extension. We have included instructions on how to complete those actions below:
Removing the Disabled Extension
- Click the hamburger menu located at the top right of Firefox to Open Application Menu and select Add-ons and themes.
- On the left panel, select the Extensions tab.
- Locate the ProctorU (disabled) extension.
- Click the three dots at the top right corner of the extension information. Click Remove.
- A prompt will pop up to confirm its removal, select the Remove button.
Clearing Cache from Firefox
- Select the hamburger menu at the top right of Firefox to open Application Menu and select Settings.
- Click Privacy and Security. Then scroll down to Cookies and Site Data. Click Clear Data...
- Ensure that only the Cached Web Content is selected.
- Note: You may need to uncheck the Cookies and Site Data.
- Click Clear.
Installing the ProctorU Firefox Extension
- Navigate to the Firefox Extension ProctorU page.
- Click Download Now.
- A prompt will appear asking to allow the ProctorU extension to be installed as an add-on. Select Continue to Installation.
- Another prompt will appear informing what the extension will have permissions to. Click Add.