NOTE: This process is for instructors using our Record+ service line. If you are using Live+ or Review+, please read the Review+ documentation instead. If you are not sure which service line you are using, please visit our service line description page.
Steps for Exam Enablement in the Canvas LMS:
1. In order to enable any Record+ exams with ProctorU, you must install the ProctorU Extension for either Google Chrome or the Firefox Browser.
2. Once you confirm the extension is installed, log in to your ProctorU account.
3. Log in to your Canvas account.
4. Navigate to the course where you would like to enable the ProctorU Record+ service line.
5. Navigate to the section of Canvas where you create exams and quizzes. You can set up a new exam or edit the settings of a pre-existing exam. NOTE: In order to enable Record+, select Classic Quizzes as your type of exam.
6. To enable Record+, click Edit the Test Options.
7. Scroll to the section labeled ProctorU
8. Click the toggle button to switch ProctorU from Off to On
9. Click the toggle to switch the Auto-generated password from Off to On. NOTE: To ensure students cannot take the exam without ProctorU, you must use the Auto-generated password or create your own password.
10. Scroll up to the ProctorU settings to customize the sensitivity settings.
11. Scroll to the bottom to select certain resources for the exam. Click the checkbox next to the resources you would like your test-takers to use on the exam. Prior to starting the exam, your test-takers will be notified as to what is allowed.
10. Select ProctorU Notifications.
- Click the checkbox next to "Send me notifications when session starts" and select your preference between Email, Push, or SMS.
- Enter the test-taker’s email address to be notified when they begin their exam.
11. Customize any remaining settings under the Details or Questions tab and select either Save or Save & Publish to share with your test-takers.
REMINDER: ProctorU Record+ Exams are on-demand and test-takers can take the exam within the time frame you select in the Assign section.
NOTE: Canvas is a supported Learning Management System that is cloud-based and fully supported.
Have more questions? Submit a request