Your test site proctor will conduct a check-in process including candidate person check to ensure no one enters the testing room with unpermitted materials/resources. Please review below for standard policies:
- Standard unpermitted materials/behaviors in test site:
- Food and drink are not permitted in the exam area without accommodation . If you have a medical condition that requires food or drink, contact your testing organization at least 30 days before your exam date to request an accommodation.
- Smoking, vaping, or other smokeless tobaccos are not permitted at the exam site.
- Friends and relatives, including children, will not be allowed in the exam building.
- Generally, exams that are less than 3 hours will not have a scheduled break. The proctor will review the rules of your exam at check-in if a break is allowed during your testing session.
- Personal items are not allowed in the exam room and must be left outside of the exam room at the candidate’s own risk. The proctor will ask the candidate to remove and store in secure lockers, including:
- Cell phones, Cameras, optical readers, or other electronic devices that include the ability to photograph, photocopy, or otherwise copy test materials
- Notes, books, dictionaries, or language dictionaries
- Bookbags or luggage
- Purses or handbags
- Ipods, mp3 players, tablets, Airpods, headphones, or pagers
- Calculators (except as expressly permitted by test sponsor – see Test-taker Resources for additional information), computers, PDA’s, or other electronic devices with one or more memories
- Personal writing utensils such as pencils, pens, and highlighters
- Google and smart glasses (any glasses with electronics)
- Medicine, including cough drops (except as expressly permitted in advance)
- Coats and jackets
- Hats, hoods, or other headwear unless required for religious purposes. All items are subject to inspection by the proctor if suspicious behavior is detected.
Article is closed for comments.