ProctorU is committed to making its products available to all users. Our informational website and online proctoring applications comply with Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Our products and support resources have been developed using accessibility best practice guidelines and have been tested with various assistive technology products to ensure the best possible experience for all users.
ProctorU's online proctoring platform offers the following Assistive Features:
- UI/UX changes (font size, layout, color contrast)
- Accommodation fields (UI and API based)
- Alternative access / Live guidance and assistance
- Custom user flow tailored to the accommodation
- Optical Magnifier support
- All ProctorU support videos include captions and SRT files can be provided
Our online proctoring platform supports the use of the following screen reader technology:
- JAWS Screen Reading Software
- VoiceOver on Mac OS
- Narrator for Windows
ProctorU Common Accommodations and Process Exceptions with advance notice:
Examples of standard accommodations include:
- Extra time - Must be enforced by the Learning Management System or Exam Driver.
- Text to speech programs (Officially supported: JAWS; VoiceOver for Mac and Narrator for Windows; ask about additional programs supported); (extension-based applications will not be supported)
- Speech to text programs (extension-based applications will not be supported)
- Screen Magnifier (extension-based applications will not be supported)
- Additional Breaks
- Human assistant during exam
Common Process Exceptions:
- Speaking/Reading aloud
- Use of headphones
- Food permitted
- An alternate form of identification
The following accommodations do not need to be added to the system:
- Use of Medication
- Service Animals
- Face mask (due to the current Pandemic). This will be temporarily removed to validate identity but then can be worn during the exam.
For questions about this article or process, contact the Compliance team at Compliance@ProctorU.com.