This article outlines the things you'll need to have on hand when going through the exam launch process, how to find out what outside materials or resources you're allowed to use during your exam, and our policy on food and drinks during exams.
What do I need to have to start my exam?
- One form of non-expired valid photo ID (i.e. driver’s license, passport, student ID, etc.)
- Some testing programs permit Student IDs while others do not. Check with your organization to confirm.
- Any materials authorized for use by your instructor (scratch paper, pencil, etc.)
- A working webcam and microphone
- A strong internet connection
- A private room
- A hard surface to work on
- A cell phone or reflective surface
What Outside Resources Are Allowed For My Exam?
Check with your instructor or institution to determine what materials (ie: books, notes, websites, programs, calculators, etc) are allowed for your exam. These details will likely be available in a syllabus or exam information page.
Note that these rules are set by your instructor or institution, not by ProctorU. Prior to your exam, please direct any questions you have about allowed resources to your exam facilitator or instructor.
Can I Have Food Or A Drink During My Exam?
ProctorU allows drinks while testing. However, food is generally not permitted as it may cause unnecessary distractions and noise during the exam. Please reach out to your institution/testing organization if you are unsure.
Article is closed for comments.