Whether you have a live proctor or not does not change what is allowed during your exam.
- If you have a live proctor, he or she may intervene upon any actions or behaviors that are not allowed.
- If you do not have a live proctor, your actions and behaviors are being monitored by the ProctorU Platform and will be reviewed by a professional proctor and/or your instructor.
Actions and behaviors that will be flagged during an exam:
- Talking aloud: Unless you have an accommodation, talking or whispering aloud during the exam is not permitted.
- Being out of camera view: Your face, chin to forehead, needs to be in the camera view at all times.
- Anyone entering your testing area: You may not have anyone else in your testing location with you.
- Anyone talking to you while you’re in your testing area: Additional noises, including other people talking to you, while you’re in your exam are not allowed.
- Looking off-screen: If you aren’t allowed any materials, your eyes should stay on the screen at all times while testing.
- Utilizing materials that are not allowed: You’re only allowed the materials your instructor allows.
- Taking pictures or screenshots of the exam: Taking pictures while in your exam, including screenshots, is not permitted. If you’re on a Mac and have a live human proctored launch, your proctor will even turn off the ability to use your keyboard screenshot hotkeys.
- Copying and pasting any elements of the exam: In most cases, our system will not allow you to copy and paste any content from your exam. Regardless of whether you can or cannot perform this function, our system will capture all events of copy and paste that occur.
- Utilizing a virtual machine: Virtual machines can be detected through the pre-exam system check, and are not permitted.
- Utilizing a secondary monitor: You are only allowed to use one monitor attached to one computer during your exam.
In some cases, your instructor, institution, or organization may specify additional actions/behaviors that are not permitted during your exam. These actions will be explained to you during the portion of the exam launch process when you have to agree to the exam rules.
Also, see this article for unpermitted testing locations