See below for a step-by-step guide to complete your Record+ exam with a Chromebook device.
- Google Chromebooks for Record+ (with ProctorU Google Chrome or Firefox Extension)
- Google Chromebooks (with Guardian Browser)
- Google Chromebooks for Live+ or Review+ Services
For a full list of equipment requirement, read this article here.
Getting Started: Steps to Take Before Exam Day
Sign Up: Create a test-taker ProctorU account here.
Pick Your Browser: Download either Chrome or Firefox and make sure you’re using the latest version.
- Download the ProctorU Extension: Select the one for your chosen browser: Chrome or Firefox.
Check Your Equipment: Test your equipment to make sure your system is compatible with ProctorU. Click here to see a full list of requirements.
- Find an acceptable space to take your exam: The environment needs to be quiet, well- lit, and away from other people. The workspace area needs to be free of any materials not allowed on the exam. It’s required to use a hard surface for a workspace rather than a bed or couch.
Become familiar with materials allowed/needed for your exam: You can review a full list here outlining what ProctorU requires as well as a note about resources permitted by your instructor or exam facilitator.
- Coordinate accommodations with your instructor or exam facilitator: If you require any special accommodations such as additional time, additional breaks, etc., you’ll need to follow these guidelines prior to your exam day.
Preparing for your Session
- Remove all unpermitted resources. Your work area should be cleared off and non-affixed items should be removed before connecting to your proctor. For more information on testing areas navigate to Unpermitted Testing Locations.
- Have your permitted resources within arm’s reach.
- If using a laptop, make sure the charger is plugged in.
- Take a washroom break before the exam if needed. Many testing organizations do not allow breaks during the exam.
Automated Launch Process
This process will likely take between 2 to 5 minutes unless you experience technical difficulties, in which case we can assist you with fixing your equipment. This time is not subtracted from the time you’re allowed in your exam.
- Log in to your LMS or exam delivery system when you’re ready to take your exam.
- Pre-checks: If you don’t already have the ProctorU extension, you’ll be prompted to download it. You’ll be required to accept exam guidelines and terms of service. The browser will prompt you to share your screen, a required part of being proctored online. You’ll be automatically guided through a series of equipment checks to make sure your system meets minimum requirements.
- Photos & Authentication: You’ll take a photo of yourself as well as your I.D. for identity verification purposes. Depending on the level of verification required by your institution, you may be asked to answer a series of randomly generated, public record challenge questions. You may also be required to type out a paragraph of text that will be checked against a pre-existing typing test that you would have been asked to complete prior to exam day. Both of these are optional measures selected by your instructor or institution.
- Exam Rule Acceptance: You will be required to review and accept the exam rules outlined by your instructor or institution.
- Take Your Exam: The system will review how to get assistance during your exam and you can click the button to begin your exam when you’re ready.
NOTE: Your webcam view and your screen will be recorded through the duration of your exam.