NOTE: This process is for programs using our Live+ or Review+ service lines. If you are using Record+, please click here. If you are not sure which service line you are using, please visit this page to see a description of each service we offer.
Best Practice: We recommend that you enter an exam into our platform at least two weeks prior to the start of the exam window. This gives test-takers enough time to schedule their exam appointment and helps ensure we can plan capacity needs appropriately.
Steps for Exam Entry:
- Log in to your ProctorU Platform account.
- In the top right of the home page, click Add New.
- Select Exam.
- This will navigate you to another page where you can enter the exam details.
- Complete the Exam Entry Form.
- If you need a little extra assistance when entering the exam, you can hover over the “i” icons located next to each field and a definition will pop up. See a full list of all fields and their definitions below.
- Once you have finished filling out the form, select Submit for review.
NOTE: A notification will be sent to our support team letting them know you have a pending exam for review. They will determine whether all information meets standards of best practice and activate the exam. Please give the support team 24-72 hours to activate the exam.
Below is a list of details you will need to complete the form:
- Exam Title - This is the name you would like to be displayed for this exam. Please include a course number if applicable. E.g. MATH 300 – Algebra – Exam 2.
- Department - This is the department that the exam will be displayed under in the activity reports for the institution and in the exam view.
- Incident Users - This field is for sending notifications to additional institutional users when an incident occurs during a test-taker’s session. Only institutional users who are listed as contactable within the incident report center and are not institutional administrators will be selectable. NOTE: You can add multiple incident users.
- Instructors - This is the field where you will add yourself as the instructor for the exam. NOTE: You can add multiple instructors.
- Term - This field is for selecting the active term for the exam.
- Duration - This field is for entering the duration of the exam given in minutes. E.g. 2 hours is equivalent to 120 minutes.
- Exam URL - This is the URL where the exam is hosted. For many exams, this is the Learning Management System’s URL, or the exam driver’s URL. E.g. Blackboard, Canvas, D2L, Meazure Exam Platform, etc.
- Whitelisted URLs - This is where you can enter any URLs that test-takers are allowed to access during the exam. NOTE: The URL must contain http or https.
- Exam Password - This is the password that unlocks the specific exam in the learning management system or exam driver.
- Exam Password Confirmation - Please confirm the password to unlock the exam.
- Terms of Service - This is an optional field that allows you to enter exam-specific terms and conditions that a test-taker must agree to prior to beginning the exam.
- Permitted Resources - Please check all resources that test-takers are allowed to use during the exam. If no resources are permitted, check the box labeled, “No Resources Allowed.”
- Expected Number of Test-Takers - The field where you will enter the expected number of test-takers. If you do not have a specific number, please provide your best estimate.
- Additional Exam Notes - Please enter any other information necessary to proctor this exam successfully.
- Notify on Schedule Emails - These contacts will be emailed whenever a test-taker schedules an exam.
- Contact Information for Exam Issues - These are the contact details for the person who needs to be reached in the event a test-taker experiences an issue that cannot be resolved by the test-taker or the proctoring staff. This person needs to be available for the duration of the exam window.
- Exam Windows - The block of time when an exam should be available for test-takers to schedule a session with ProctorU. NOTE: The exam window in the ProctorU Platform is different from the exam window entered into your Learning Management System. The minimum exam window allowed is 1 hour and we can support 300 students during that time.
- First Appointment - This is the first time a test-taker can schedule to start an exam. NOTE: This will match the time the exam is set to open on the Learning Management System.
- Last Appointment - This is the last time a test-taker can start an exam (Not the deadline to finish). NOTE: As a best practice to find the last appointment time, subtract the exam duration and add an hour for a buffer. E.g. If the exam is set to close at 8 PM in your LMS or exam driver and the exam is 60 minutes long, the last appointment should be 6 PM.
If you need assistance while entering an exam in the system, click the button in the bottom right that says "Need Help? Chat Now!" to be connected to a support representative.
Article is closed for comments.