NOTE: This page was created for you to copy and paste any or all of this language you choose to include in your syllabus.
Online Exam Proctoring with ProctorU
For your convenience, this course will utilize the ProctorU platform to proctor your online exams.
What is ProctorU?
ProctorU is a platform that is partnered with your institution to help you take an exam online while ensuring academic integrity is upheld. Using this platform allows you the convenience of testing from home 24/7, 365 days a year.
How Do I Prepare for My ProctorU Exam?
Schedule your exam at least 72 hours in advance.
- Login to your ProctorU account and click the "Schedule New Session" button.
- Confirm your institution, term, and exam name, then click "Search Sessions."
- Use the calendar and clock features on the left to select your desired testing date and time.
Note: If you choose to take your exam on-demand instead of scheduling in advance, you may incur premium fees and wait times.
Test your equipment by clicking here.
- Important Note: You will need administrative access of your computer. To view the other minimum requirements, view this article.
- Please test your equipment before exam day in an environment that is identical to or close to your actual testing location.
Prepare for exam day
Do you have any testing accommodations?
The ProctorU platform is fully ADA compliant. If you require special testing accommodations, I will need to let ProctorU know. Please work with me prior to your exam to make sure your accommodations are noted in their system.
ProctorU does not permanently impact your computer in any way. You will be able to see everything your proctor is doing while you are connected. Once your exam is over and you have closed out of your chat session and video page with ProctorU, it completely removes the screen sharing client from your computer. You may also uninstall the Guardian Browser after each exam session if you choose to do so.
Still have questions or concerns?
You can view ProctorU’s test-taker support FAQ page here.
ProctorU wants you to know that they are always available to help! You can always start a live chat by logging into your ProctorU account and clicking the chat icon in the lower right side of your screen, open a support ticket, or call (855) 772-8678.