If you used an Apple (Mac) computer to take your exam here are the possible settings that may have been changed:
- Disabled Screenshots
- Security & Privacy Settings
- Enabled “Do not Disturb”
- Disabled Sharing Settings
1. Disable/Enable Screenshots: https://support.proctoru.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000683887-How-do-I-re-enable-my-Mac-screenshot-hotkeys-
- Click Apple Menu > System Preferences.
- Click Keyboard in the System Preferences window. If your list looks different, type Keyboard in the search pane in the top right of the System Preferences window.
- Click the Shortcuts tab in the Keyboard window.
- Click Screenshots in the list on the left of the Shortcuts tab.
- Check the boxes for all shortcuts you wish to re-enable.
- Close the window.
2A. Accessibility Setting for LogMeInRescue Screenshare
2B. MAC - Security Settings - OS Catalina - https://support.proctoru.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036574592-MacOS-X-Catalina-And-Big-Sur-Users-Important-Notice
How to enable screen sharing for your browser:
- Open System Preferences by clicking the Apple Icon and selecting System Preferences.
- Click the Security and Privacy icon.3. On the left, scroll down and click Screen Recording.
4. Click the checkbox next to the browser you're using - either Chrome or Firefox should be in the list. Note, you may have to click to lock in the lower-left in order to check the box.
5. When prompted, click Quit Now. The change will not take effect and you will not be able to share your screen until you quit and restart your browser.
2C. Allow Apps Downloaded From - MAC - Security Settings
- Click the Apple menu (top left of screen) and select System Preferences
- Click Security & Privacy icon
- Click the General tab.
- You may need to click the lock at the bottom left to enable changes. This will require an administrative password.
- Toggle Mac App Store and identified developers and close the window.
Your settings should look like this:
2D. Privacy Settings for Microphone
- Click the Apple Icon
- Open System Preferences
- Open Sound
- Click the input tab
- Select the Correct Microphone if multiple active
- Check that the selected microphone is picking up the sound by speaking out loud and referencing the input level bar. Try adjusting the input volume bar.
2D. Privacy Settings for Camera
- Click the Apple Icon
- Open System Preferences
- Open Security and Privacy
- Click the Privacy tab
- Select Camera on the left side
- Enable the checkbox next to the browser that you're using
3. MAC - Do Not Disturb Settings
- Click the icon on the very top right corner of your screen
- Click “notifications”
- You may then toggle the Do Not Disturb settings on and off from here
4. MAC - Sharing Settings
Re-enable settings that may have been turned off during the launch of your exam.
Setting Adjustments - Mac or Windows
If you have used a Mac or a Windows computer to take your exam here is the possible settings that may have been changed:
- Closed Applications that were running when you connected to a proctor
- Sound settings
- Open Ports 80, 443, 843, 1935, and or 61613
- Closed Applications:
When you connected to your proctor our system likely closed some active applications and the proctor may have closed additional applications that were not permitted during your test. Simply reopen any programs you need to remedy this change.
- Sound Settings
- Right-click the Sound Icon in the lower right of your screen
- Click Open Sound Settings
- Open Sound Control Panel
- Click the Recording tab
- Ensure a microphone is enabled by right-clicking the device you want to check
- Then click Enable
- Ensure the microphone's volume is turned up and unmuted up by right-clicking, then click Properties
- Click the Levels tab
- Increase Volume and Unmute Microphone if applicable
- Open Ports
If you had extended troubleshooting we may have needed to open Ports 80, 443, 843, 1935, and or 61613. (This only occurs in a few situations)
Some ports may be blocked by default and to connect with our services we may need to open those ports.
What is port 1935? https://support.proctoru.com/hc/en-us/articles/115013582787-Blocked-Port-1935-Troubleshooting
Port 1935 is a necessary port that is used for the transfer of video sharing over your network connection. If you are connecting through a work or school network, this may be blocked by your network administrator. If you are connecting through a home network, it may be blocked by a firewall or anti-virus software.
You may add an exception for port 1935 in your firewall, or you may disable it for the duration of your exam. If you're unsure how to do this, we advise that you contact your internet service provider for assistance. If you're in a public location, such as work or a library, please contact the IT Administrator for assistance.