How to Access and View a ProctorU Exam Session
Log in to your ProctorU account.
Click on Exams .
Click on the name of exam that corresponds to the test-taker session you want to review.
Scroll to the bottom of the page for the list of test-takers.
Click View next to the test-taker’s name.
Test-Taker Session Details
The test-taker session view enables you to review the events of a particular appointment in a detailed timeline. The timeline displays all the events during an appointment in chronological order as well as any notes made by a proctor or manager. The timeline will also display the relevant test-taker and exam session information for the appointment.
- Navigation Bar - Displays the institution and exam for the selected appointment.
- User - Shows the user for the selected appointment including their contact information.
- Session - Shows information for the selected appointment including exam start and end times, fulfillment status, and contact information.
- Exam - Shows exam notes for this appointment. Proctors view these same notes.
- Timeline: Shows the exam duration, the number of comments made on the session by the proctor or management, and the number of incidents related to the session. NOTE: To learn more about Incidents and the Incident Report Center, read this article.
- Live Stream: You can watch a live stream of a test-taker if they are still in an exam. If a session is already complete, you can watch a recording of the session. The yellow dots on the playback of the video will pinpoint an alert that was detected by our system.
Activity Section: The Activity segment is just below the live stream segment. It displays the detailed events that occurred during the session:
- General: This section contains general information about the session including incidents, touch points, comments, and more. A playback icon will be next to each incident. Click the icon to go directly to the point in time on the video when the event occurred.
- Prechecks: The prechecks tab will show you everything that happened during an exam session prior to the start of the exam. Each event also has a playback icon that correlates to the point in time on the video. NOTE: For security reasons, the test-taker ID confirmation image will be removed from the system after 7 days.
- Browser: The Browser section will show each tab a test-taker opened during an exam, what the test-taker tried to copy and paste during the exam, and the location of the test-taker based on their IP address. NOTE: The Browser section will display different information depending on your institution's settings.
View Media: To download webcam recordings, screen recordings, and screenshots, click View Media at the top of the session page. NOTE: If you are using a Mac, we recommend using this media player. This will play all file types from below without needing any additional software. If you are using a Windows, we recommend using Windows Media Player or VLC. Files will not play with Windows Movies. VLC will not work for the LMI AVI screen recordings. You will also need to install this codec from LogMeIn to play LMI AVI screen recordings.
- Videos: A webcam recording shows the test-taker’s face during the exam. The recording can be downloading using the “Request Recordings” or “Request Videos” buttons. The videos will be downloaded as a WEBM file type. These files can be played through the Chrome browser after they have been downloaded. NOTE: After the video has been requested, you will receive an email notifying you that the request is complete. You will be able to download the video from the email or through the individual session page in the ProctorU Platform. These videos will only be available for 15 minutes.
- Screen Recordings: A screen recording can be downloaded by clicking Download next to Recording 1, Recording 2, etc. The file will be downloaded as a Custom LMI AVI file type. NOTE: LMI stands for LogMeIn, the service we use to communicate with and monitor test-taker screens.
View LMI Sessions: For Live+ and Review+ Exams, you can view the chat correspondence between the proctor and test-taker. Select View LMI Sessions, Select Chat Logs in the top right-hand corner. Select Chat 1, Chat 2, etc. NOTE: If the test-taker downloaded multiple LMI chat-boxes, there will be multiple chats listed.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Article is closed for comments.